Cat Adoption in Smithtown
The Long Island Feline Adoption Center is all about love and the power of love. We nurture cats and kittens, cast-aways who have been abandoned and have learned to fear people, in an atmosphere of love and trust - cage free preparation for giving love to their new person(s) in their new forever home. Providing a nurturing environment includes providing a spotlessly clean, bright and home-like setting. Our cats and kittens are not only ready for adoption, but are truly ready to bring true love and joy into their new homes.
Our job obviously is not finished at simply socializing; it is not finished until we have found a new home for our felines. So please, if you are thinking about adopting a new cat or kitten, think of us. Our adoption center is open to the public 7 days per week, and is conveniently located in The Branch Center inside (although we are unaffiliated with the store and are an independent IRS-certified charity).
As noted, we are an IRS certified, non-profit 501(c)(3) charity. It is also important to know that unlike most charities, all donations go directly to the care of our cats and kittens - and not to salaries or contractors.
Please contact us for more information:
- If you would like to adopt (all felines adopted from us are spayed/neutered, vaccinated, tested for FIV/FELV, and de-wormed)
- If you would like to volunteer
- If you are in need of advice regarding felines
- If you would like to make a donation
- If you can be a foster care-giver
- If you would like to be a sponsor
Please join us in our mission to help frightened homeless cats and kittens learn to love and trust people - and then place them in loving homes. Our capabilities are limited only by our physical resources, as our ability to accept felines is limited only by the space we have in our facility. With your help, we can maximize the lives we touch with love.
Our non-profit 501(c)(3) charity is dedicated to providing assistance with Trap/Neuter/Release (TNR) and socializing homeless cats - and finding them loving homes. In fact, every cent of every dollar donated to us goes directly to the caring for our cats and kittens. As an all-volunteer organization, no money is spent on salaries or contractors, unlike so many other charitable organizations.
What we do:
- Accept homeless felines from Long Island (New York) and facilitate their adoption to appropriate homes
- Place homeless felines into foster care when adoptive homes are unavailable
- Work with a network of feline organizations which TNR, accepting from them the felines suitable for adoption after socialization
- Accept lost domesticated felines after all efforts to find their owners have been exhausted
- Provide shelter, food and medical care (through veterinary services) while finding suitable homes for the felines.
- Provide a facility for adoption where the felines and potential adopters can interact
- Provide a nurturing and unique multi-stage environment that facilitates the socialization of homeless and abandoned felines
- Provide a simulated at-home environment for our cats and kittens awaiting adoption
As noted before, in short, we help frightened homeless cats and kittens learn to love and trust people - and then place them in loving homes.
For our enclosure needs, we use OptionsPlus (also www.cats-on-line.com). As with Big Apple, should you purchase an enclosure from OptionsPlus, we will receive a direct donation equal to 5% of your total order amount. When ordering from them, please mention our name, the Long Island Feline Adoption Center, to the representative.
Long Island Feline Adoption Center was featured in Verizon Fios One's "Dancing Dogs And Friends" February 28th, 2012 report, see below for the video!